Care & Maintenance
Please remove the temporary adhesive plastic protective film from the glass within 4 months of your delivery date. NOTE: Failure to remove this film within the specified time period may result in non-removable marks or damage to the glass which becomes your responsibility. If your order is deferred and remains in storage at our factory, you will need to back date this to your "original" delivery date, as this was when the film was first applied.
- All glass surfaces should be kept clean by prompt removal of all dirt.
- Use clean water and soft clean rags as buttons or grit can scratch the glass.
- In some instances, a small amount of mild detergent may be of some benefit. However, DO NOT use any form of abrasive cleaner or household cleaners.
- When using detergent make sure that the surfaces are rinsed well after cleaning to remove any detergent residue.
- In a rural atmosphere, cleaning may not be needed more frequently than every 6 months.
- In industrial and marine environments, more frequent cleaning (e.g. monthly, every 3 months is necessary)
- It is important that non-abrasive mild detergent solution is used for cleaning.
Add the non-abrasive mild detergent solution to a bucket of warm water.
Wet a clean soft, non-abrasive damp cloth then wipe the aluminium.
Make sure that the surfaces are thoroughly rinsed after cleaning to remove all residues.
- Remove the sliding panel (sash) of the product from the inside of the house.
- With the window or door partly open, lift the sliding panel up into the head while tilting the bottom of the panel towards you, out over the sill.
- Slide the panel downwards to remove it from the frame.
- If the roller does not pass over the top edge of the sill, you will need to back off the roller first via the adjustment screw located adjacent to it. Do not force it as you will damage the sill and or the roller itself.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a narrow nozzle to clean the track thoroughly.
- Use a soft rag and water mixed with mild detergent to wipe the track and rollers.
- It is important that rollers are cleaned 3-4 times a year.
- Pet hair is the main culprit in gumming up rollers.
- Excess dirt or grit should be removed from window and door tracks, either by vacuuming or brushing out.
- Windows and doors are designed to allow water into the sill channel, which is then drained through drain holes. The drain holes must be cleared of any obstruction.
- If you see water in the sill or tracks, don't panic, as this is normal. Any residual water will eventually dry out.
- If water is overflowing internally, you may have block drain holes
- If the drain holes are clear and yet water is still overflowing internally, call our service department on 83451911
- General periodic maintenance is required on all hardware supplied such as locks, hinges, catches, closers and the like.
- The external finish of hardware must be kept clean by removing any harmful residue (especially salt spray) from the surface using a non-abrasive cleaning agent.
- Internal mechanisms of locks, catches, etc should be kept in good working order by applying a light spray of lubricant (WD40, RP7 or similar).
- Care should be taken during maintenance of internal mechanisms that any finished surface (e.g. paint etc) is well protected to avoid damage.
- Hardware should be cleaned at frequent intervals as indicated in the Periodic Maintenance Table.
Mild - Being rural, away from the coast and remote industry and urban activity - Clean every 6 months
Moderate - Being mainly urban, inland and away from heavy industrial activity - Clean every 3 months
Coastal - Being subject to salt deposition and within 1km of the coastline or 10kms of breaking surf - Clean every 2-4 weeks
- Clean screens 3-4 times a year.
- Add a small amount of mild detergent to a bucket of warm water.
- Remove the screen from the inside of the window. Sliding sashes need to be removed before you can access the screen.
- DO NOT attempt to remove screens from the outside or remove them with the sliding panel still in the window.
- Hose the screen down thoroughly. Dip a soft nylon brush into the bucket of water and gently brush the screen.
- Hose down well.
- Allow the screen to dry before replacing in the window
- Stainless View™ and Ali-View™ screens should be cleaned at frequent intervals as indicated in the Periodic Maintenance Table.
- It is important that non-abrasive mild detergent solution combined with warm water and a clean, soft, non-abrasive cloth, are used for cleaning.
- Hand cleaning is recommended except for multi-storey buildings and large commercial projects where carefully controlled methods to loosen deposits of dirt and grime are required.
- It is essential to finish off the cleaning by thoroughly rinsing all surfaces to remove all residues.
- Fibre brushes may be used to loosen dirt and grime, but abrasive papers such as sand papers or emery paper MUST NOT be used.
Info & Brochures
Statesman Windows - Factory Direct Showroom
879 Port Road, Cheltenham SA 5014
P.O. Box 5112, Alberton SA 5014
Factory & Showroom
Open Monday to Friday - 7am to 5pm
Closed weekends & public holidays
Factory pickups Monday to Friday - 7am to 230pm
Please use our rear car park - enter via Chippenham St (between cemetery & our factory)
Port Rd parking strictly between 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday
Phone: (08) 8345 1911
Fax: (08) 8348 0344