Your Statesman Windows and Doors are guaranteed against defects arising from faulty workmanship or materials for SEVEN YEARS from the date of delivery by Statesman Windows subject to the following:
- The product is installed in accordance with the relevant Australian Standards and building practice.
- The product has been maintained according to industry recommendations.
- The product has not been subject to misuse, physical abuse or neglect.
- Manufacturing standards and tolerances are not deemed defects, nor are industry variations in the colour of Aluminium componentry.
- Statesman Windows accepts no responsibility for glass breakage (except for faulty workmanship or materials). Wire reinforced glass, toughened glass, float glass, laminated glass and mirror glass is guaranteed against defects and degradation for three (3) years.
- Moving parts which wear out as part of normal use are guaranteed for three (3) years.
- This guarantee is limited to the repair or replacement of the faulty product at the company's discretion but does not extend to the installation or refurbishing of a replacement product.
- Only repairs carried out by Statesman Windows personnel or authorised agents are covered by this guarantee.
- Claims under this guarantee should be made within one month of the defect arising in the product. Copies of documentation showing the purchase date of the product should be included with your written claim and forwarded to Statesman Windows office.
This guarantee is in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of this product to which you are entitled under the Trade Practices Act and other similar State and Territory Laws.
Maintenance of Powder Coated Aluminium Finishes:
Cleaning is desirable if the fine finish of powder coated Aluminium is to be preserved. Deterioration of the coating occurs mainly as a result of grime deposition and attack by contaminated moisture which in a coastal environment contains chlorides and sulphur compounds.
Deposited grime absorbs contaminated moisture like a sponge and holds it against the powder coated surface. This permits the attack to proceed thereby damaging the coating, which cannot be restored without removal.
Regular cleaning is desirable; the frequency depending on accessibility and the severity of the environment. In a rural atmosphere, where grime deposition and pollution of the atmosphere are at a minimum, cleaning may not be needed more frequently than every six (6) months.
In industrial and marine environments, more frequent cleaning e.g. monthly, is necessary and the maximum period between cleaning should never be more than three (3) months. Under the worst conditions involving heavy grime deposition and atmospheric pollution by both sulphur compounds and chlorine's, even more frequent cleaning is advisable if deterioration of the coating is to be prevented.
As a general rule, it should be assumed that with outdoor applications, powder coated Aluminium should be cleaned with the same frequency as windows, using non abrasive mild detergent solution. Thoroughly rinse the surfaces after cleaning to remove all residue.
Maintenance of Glass:
All glass surfaces should be kept clean by prompt removal of all dirt. Clean water should be used and in some instances the additive of a small amount of mild detergent may be of some benefit. Thoroughly wash off any detergent residue with clean water. Do not under any circumstances use any form of abrasive cleaner as this may cause damage to the glass. Lightly sponge off any stubborn dirt being careful not to scratch the glass.
Maintenance of Hardware:
General periodic maintenance is required on all hardware supplied such as locks, hinges, catches, closures and the like.
External finish of all hardware must be kept clean by removing any harmful residue (especially salt spray) from the surface using a non-abrasive cleaning agent.
Internal working of locks, catches etc should be kept in good working order by applying a light spray of lubricant similar to WD40 or RP7. Care should be taken to ensure that any finished surface (e.g. paint etc) in close proximity to hardware being maintained is well protected to avoid damage to the finish.
Maintenance of Awning Chain-Winders:
A2 Statesman Awning windows require little or on maintenance depending on surrounding conditions. A light spray of WD40 or similar on the chain of the winder may be required if stiffness occurs. Normal cleaning applies to the glass (as per above).
To download the Statesman's Guarantee, click here.
FAQ / Brochures
Statesman Windows - Factory Direct Showroom
879 Port Road, Cheltenham SA 5014
P.O. Box 5112, Alberton SA 5014
9am to 12:45pm (closed long weekends)
Phone: (08) 8345 1911
Fax: (08) 8348 0344
Factory Pickup Times
Monday to Friday
9.00am - 2.30pm
(Saturday 9am to 12.30pm by Appointment Only)